Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Still Meeting and Greeting

So many meet and greets! I swear I don't remember anyone's names. They will come with time I suppose, and once I actually start working with everyone. First Day of Classes! I assume that most first days, at school or in any new environment are not too busy. This was also the case for me. I got to school early, did some management of my new bench area, ate lunch with some new peers, went to a class that we just went over the syllabus, toured the new facility a bit and came back to the studio and finished unpacking my last few boxes. I've been working on drawings and models since yesterday and it is not working out exactly as I would like it to, but I have time. There is no need to freak out. It's nice because I know I can come back in here early tomorrow and just make some samples. I've got a lot of work to do in this studio though. I need to familiarize myself with where everything is, and set everything up. I am the first grad student here, so it's hard setting everything up, but I'm happy to get the experience. Once the studio gets pretty close, I'll be able to get all that new work started. I'm excited to make a new piece, there are so many shows that I would love to enter, but I'm going to take my time. The shows will always be there. I want to be ready. I feel a little guilty leaving at 8:00, but I know there will be times in my near future where I will be here much later. I don't think I'll have a problem staying later either. This studio is very comfortable, except that I'm the only one here. That will probably get old, but I can always wonder around and find people. It's nice to be able to get away. On the body front, I'm feeling better today. Not as sniffly, but it's still there a little. Hopefully it should be gone in a few days. My stomach still won't let me each much, but I'm thinking that is just because of all the nerves..those should go away soon.

No comments: