Monday, September 1, 2008

It all begins

Here I am. I am here in Milwaukee, ready to begin my MFA graduate program. I met so many people last week, both professors and graduate students. I feel welcome with this community so far. Although I have met with everyone mostly for the first time, I feel like everyone is interested in getting started and learning about each other.

I am very excited to get dirty and start getting into my work. I have been reading, looking at images and drawing for the last week now, and I have some great beginnings. I have been in a steady relationship for the last 5 years, actually living with him for most of that time, and this is the first time we have been living apart and it's hard for me. I feel very expressive and I am eager to put my energy completely into my work.

These beginning ideas discuss my desire to be with Dave, missing his closeness and contact, as well as how my body is reacting with being in an entirely new place--completely void of family or long term friends (at least for now). My appetite is dwindling, and I woke up with swollen eyes and a runny nose this morning, so a cold is only days away. It's very interesting to me how changes in my life, even just being away from someone, effect how my body works.

That is all for now. I hope to start writing everyday, so please keep coming. Until tomorrow!

No comments: