Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Studio






Look at how amazing this workspace is! I think I've finally got all my tools and things unpacked into this amazing space. This is the graduate studio at University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee and I love it. I can't wait to get into my work and start getting this place dirty and full of work. Since I'm the first graduate student here there are some things that still need to be setup, but I am ready to set it all up. I have a cube with shelves on one side and my bench in the middle, then there are spaces for 3 more graduate students. Those funny grey arms with yellow bits on the bottom are the ventilation hoses. Aren't they amazining and futuristic robot looking? Those soldering spaces have never been used. This building is only 2 years old, so it's been waiting for me. One other amazing feature is that there is a back door that is right next to a bike path that rides right down along Lake Michigan. There are also three big windows so there is plenty of natural light here. I'm so happy to be here because I am finally starting to realize that this is my life now. Everything has changed, and this is where I will be living, learning and growing for the next three years. I'm on my own now. I've got to used to that.

No comments: