Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Siamese Connection






 

Vessel is a table-top shield that effeminates stee' and structuralizes nylon stockings to contradict material gender.  This piece has not been shown outside of my thesis show, but will be on exhibit beginning this Saturday, July 20th in New York at Brooklyn Metal Works.  The Siamese Connection exhibition is inspired by a water pipe with two openings that is often seen in urban life.  The exhibition was intended to bring together work that has a "collision of two elements or an unexpected branching."  I'm curious to see the exhibition and to finally see the space.  This will be the second show that I've been in there and I thought the work included in the Re-Fresh exhibition was pretty killer, so I hope this show follows suit.

No comments: