Friday, January 15, 2010

Dean Jenson Gallery

Went out tonight for Milwaukee's Gallery Night and saw some great art! My favorite work was none other than the beautiful illustrations of Kevin Giese, who I just happen to share a woodshop with. It was at the Dean Jenson Gallery, who just so happens to have a beautiful catalog of the unusual assortment of national artists who participated here. This older work of Kevin's is so different from most other work I have seen of his, I really love the line quality and the disjointed visceral quality of it.


"Queen"


"The Shaman"


"Untitled"


I am also loving this piece by Drew Malcolm, who I found out did go to school here in Madison for a while but is currently living it up in Brooklyn. this piece feels very brooklyn. Its nice to see some Brooklyn love. and YUM PB&J!


No comments: