Monday, March 11, 2013

Joan Tanner Sculptor and Amazing Woman



The mother of the wonderful woman I currently work for (and have for the last 2 years worked for) is a Santa Barabara sculptor and all 'round amazing lady named Joan Tanner.  This video highlights her major installations and projects for the last four years.  Joan is such an intelligent woman and I have always enjoyed chatting with her when she visits Chicago from California.  I really love this video because I get to see her in her element and speaking about her work directly and thoroughly.  I picked up a notebook when I first saw this a week ago and have not stopped writing since!  I'm so happy to have seen this document right after coming back from the American Craft Council Show in Baltimore.  I enjoyed making such a large amount of my limited production work, but I'm very ready to make something weird.

No comments: