Monday, September 26, 2011

Picasso to Koons: The Artist as Jeweler

Jeff Koons
"Rabbit Necklace"
Platinum
2005-2009

If you are going to be in NYC before January 8th, I would check out this show at the Museum of Arts and Design.  Of course, I was there 2 days before it opened, so I did not get to see the show, but I peeked through the doors where it was being put up, and it looks like they have a nice collection of work.

What I love about this show is that ongoing argument about sculpture vs jewelry and here we find jewelry objects that were made by prominent 20th and 21st century artists.  Artists including Jeff Koons, Pablo Picasso, Max Ernst, Jasper John, Anish Kapoor and (the pieces I will be the saddest to miss) Louise Bourgeois will be included in the exhibition.


If you are like me and can not get back to NYC before it closes, at least take a look at the lovely exhibition catalog

No comments: