Saturday, May 8, 2010

Content Aware Fill


Samuel Isham-Schopf





Justin Maes






Joseph Leroux


Horray for some good local art! I went up to Madison last night to see the work included in Content Aware Fill, the MA and MFA work of Justin Maes, Joseph Leroux, Samuel Isham-Schopf and Andrea Miller. I was very impressed with all the work as well as the amazing space they were able to aquire for the show. Installed on the 3rd floor of a warehouse building that is currently in the process of being renovated, this show was a real treat.

I can't believe I didn't get any good shots of Andrea Miller's work, that was one of the main reasons I was there. You can see more shots here. The rest of these shots I got before people started showing up and since her work was all on models, it was harder to snap before everything began. Please check back on her crafthaus page. She's got some shots of the last show she did, which was modeled similarly this time.

I thought the pieces all worked well together in this gritty space, and it was nice to see the work fill the space, I was wondering if it would seem lost in such a big space, but once the people started showing up, it was perfect.

I have to say congrats to all the participants. They did a killer job and it makes me want to put up a new big show of work! I just put up my MA qualifying work a few weeks ago (and I passed, i.e. got my MA-wahoo!), and seeing work of this quality is very inspiring. Love those Madison kids!

No comments: