Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pizza Man Milwaukee


Pizza Man Milwaukee
Originally uploaded by sarah.holden
A local Milwaukee landmark burned to the ground on Tuesday morning. Its only 1 block away from the studio and only 2 blocks away from where I live. Right in the middle of it all on Oakland and North. One of our Advanced Metals Students even works there, but its all gone now. Pizza Man the restaurant, the 10 apartments upstairs and the two (or maybe three?) restaurants that were next to it are burnt to the ground and they are demo-ing it all right now. This is the first time I've seen it since this happened on Tuesday, and I have to say it looks pretty horrible. The whole street is blocked off, and people are just standing around, staring and taking pictures, including myself. Crazy. You can check out more images on my flickr site here.

No comments: